12.30.2007

HBB: A dark room on a gray day

It's 4pm on a gray day. I'm still in my sleepwear sitting in bed. The shades are open just a few inches to let just a little light in.

Nope, this isn't a bad mood.

Next to me Keri is hurtin big time from a migraine. I've spent the day bringing up various ice packs and keeping her company. That's about all I can do. The dark room, ice packs and rest are about all she can do for these. Lately, they've lasted days and made her feel really crappy.

I'm glad I have this day off. I may not be able to help out, but it's nice I can be here to try. Keeping quiet is a challenge for me. In case you hadn't heard, I do have moments of lack of coordination. This can lead to thumps and crashes. :)
We're thinking about trying a audio book now to see if this will provide a good distraction from the pain. It can't hurt. But, I guess that's easy for ME to say.

5 comments:

Bluegrass Mama said...

Bummer that Keri's down with a migraine again. I'm sure you're doing a great job taking care of her, even if there are a few bumps and crashes.

HalfBrainBoy said...

bluegrass mama, thanks.
It is hard seeing someone hurt so much. I can't imagine how she makes it through these, especially as they seem to be worse and longer. It amazes me.

Here's to positive thoughts that this is gone soon.

Kristin said...

I hope Keri feels better soon. Migraines suck.

A few thumps and bumps are nothing compared to someone caring enough to take care of you when those hit, trust me I'd rather have D around than be alone when the migraines are going strong, no matter how noisy he is...although he tries very hard.

Elle said...

I second the "migraines suck" sentiment.

Hope she bounces back soon and you can both soak up some sunshine!

Kathy C said...

Keri, I hope you are much better and out dancing your shoes off celebrating the incoming year. *mwa*