11.15.2007

Inspiration Needs Prayers...

A teacher from the middle school Kel attended could use your prayers. They had a retirement party for her early this week because it is now obvious that she will not be able to go back to work. I don't know all of the details of where she is with her treatments, but she could use your prayers. Patti's cancer started out as a suspected sinus infection and if you remember, turned out to be a melanoma in her sinus cavity.

You can read about her journey on her CaringBridge site.

5 comments:

KinnicChick said...

I just want to add that if you read her most recent post on her CB site, I think you can see where she is mentally/emotionally and why the retirement party was held. It sounds like it was a great event. They celebrated some of her favorite times in teaching. I hope some former students were able to attend. This really saddens me.

bu.editorkate[at]gmail.com said...

Melanoma of the sinus cavity! I had never thought of that. How...horrible! I certainly will be thinking about her today and wishing her the very best from way over here on the other side of the earth.

Granny said...

Will do. As I may have said before, cancer is evil.

creechmark said...

I'll pray. Sorry to hear about that. Which sounds weak, but what can anyone say?

Michelle de Seattle said...

omg. I need a head scan.