10.30.2007

There s/he is!

HalfBrainBoy and I have gone back and forth on this for years. One or the other of us is always letting the less-than-sunny side of our personalities out and then the other offers up a cheery, "There's that happy optimist I've grown to know and love!" earning a much deserved eyebrow. Luckily we balance each other and we aren't typically both at the pessimistic phase at the same time.

Today I stumbled upon this little ditty and decided to see just which side of the pendulum I'm really falling these days and low-and-behold! So take that HBB. I'm solid and right in the middle.

You Are a Realist

You don't see the glass as half empty or half full. You see what's exactly in the glass.
You never try to make a bad situation seem better than it is...
But you also never sabotage any good things you have going on.
You are brutally honest in your assessments of situations - and this always seems to help you cope.


How's your disposition these days?

Let's all keep on the sunny side of life in these ever darkening days, shall we? ;)

3 comments:

Michele said...

hey, I'm a realist too! Though I think plenty of people might disagree with that and say I'm annoyingly optimistic.

KinnicChick said...

I think people more often say the opposite about me, Michele. I'm probably more often pessimistic when I get called on anything. But I must pull back to the medium sometimes, I guess. That's good!

Mel said...

I'm totally the optimist. And hubby - I call him "the professional pessimist".

~Mel