10.02.2007

Six Degrees in the Coffee World...

I went to bed half an hour ago with the best intentions of getting more sleep tonight than I did last night (when I ended up watching the first episode of the new season of Grey's Anatomy online - don't get me started about that...) and here I am online...

Might have something to do with the coffee I mainlined (kidding) today bouncing between The Mighty Dunn and The Green Tree, the all organic fair-trade, shade-grown coffee shop where my daughter is now employed. (I just learned that October is not only Breast Cancer Awareness month, but also Fair Trade month!)

It suddenly popped into my head as I was lying here thinking about coffee and various people that I have met in my travels far and wide to various coffee shops that while I am spending most of my free time and some work time too, if that work requires long uninterrupted spans of computer or writing time these days hanging out at the Mighty Dunn, my daughter will now be spending many of her hours kitty-corner across the street at her new coffee bar. And I find it funny (maybe it is the lateness of the hour) that she is dating Michael, who is the brother of Justin, who is dating Leah... who works right across the street at yet another coffee bar 3Hats. (Which coincidentally, was my former haunt prior to TMD coming along and where I happened to meet my good buddies, Michele and Wes, who now work at... The Mighty Dunn!)

Okay. It isn't Kevin Bacon or anything... But I think it's pretty crazy. And as I told Keli in an email before I wrote this, I'll probably delete it later today when I wake and remember writing it. (If I remember writing it.)

5 comments:

HalfBrainBoy said...

And, the fact that you know ME, the guy with 7 different coffee-making gadgets in his kitchen. ;)
(Can you believe, this weekend, KinnicChick actually suggested I GET RID OF one of my coffee-making implements???)
It's a coffee world. It seems some of the best people work at or frequent coffee shops.

Bluegrass Mama said...

Yes, it is a coffee world. Even my son, who won't touch the stuff, hangs out at coffee shops drinking exotic teas.

I have a friend whose last name is Coffey who managed a coffee shop. He married a young woman who worked in another coffee shop. Her last name was Coffee.

I remember telling him that if they had children, they should name a girl Mocha and a boy Espresso.

Bill said...

That brain is just going several hundred ideas per second, isn't it? Decaf after 9 might be a good rule.

KinnicChick said...

Bill - you're tellin' me, man. But at least I have an excuse. ;)

Blogger said...

Searching for the Best Dating Website? Create an account and find your perfect date.