9.04.2007

For Phil...

My SIL Diane lost her father this weekend. I do not even remember when she told me that he was waging his own war on cancer, but I know that she puts forth her own quiet efforts whenever Relay comes around. She has so many other things going on all of the time with two very busy high school aged kids who are active in more activities than I could even name. And she and my brother work full time as well. They are the ultimate fast-paced family of today. I'm not sure how they keep it all straight. (Probably less time on the computer, heh.)

In fact, I have two brothers who's families live lives that are much faster paced than my own. They accomplish more in one day than I manage to get done in a week. I envy how many checkmarks they must have on their to-do lists in comparison to mine.

This took an interesting turn.

What I really wanted to say...

We hope that at some point soon, everyone in Phil's family can breathe a little easier knowing that his pain and struggle has passed. But until then, our deepest heart felt condolences and sympathies are with each of them.

7 comments:

HalfBrainBoy said...

I'm also in awe of all that Keri's brothers' families accomplish.

And, my sympathies are also with Diane and her family.

Shellynoir said...

HUGS!!!! AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS I GIVE YOU HUGS!!!

KinnicChick said...

Thank you, Shelly.

Creechman said...

Me too.

KinnicChick said...

Thank you, Mark.

Anonymous said...

hi keri. i want to be on the board thing you told me about at the relay this year. i think molly might want to too. let me know what i have to do or if its too late. thanks for coming thursday.
love you
erin

Shellynoir said...

This book reminded me of you, but in a nice way.

http://www.elliottbaybook.com/events/sep07/squires.jsp