8.06.2007

GGW, Brownies (NOT made by me), On the Level

Yeah, I missed out on the Girls Gone Wild weekend with my fellow BlogHers. Sounds like they had a great time. I got some hysterical text messages from them around midnight Friday night as I was getting ready to go to bed. Had HalfBrainBoy and I laughing and spittin' toothpaste on the mirror. We didn't entirely miss out on a mini-blogher celebration that night. Mystical came over and we had beer and movie night at our new house. So as you can see from this photo of the previous blogher at which I was an attendant, there was a 50/50 split in locations of the celebratin'. ;)

DSCN0525

Wish I could have joined them but there were some things (migraine mostly but then along came missing passports which complicated life somewhat and would have made things just a little bit intense to try and fit the drive up and back besides) that cropped up that prevented me from being there. I'm so glad they were all able to attend and have such fun. Well almost all. One other among us was a little busy with her surgery, too. (So glad you are healing quickly, Vicki!) They even added to their number this year. So NEXT year? I'll definitely mark my calendar early and banish all migraines from appearances. One showed up at the last event, too. They seem to strike often at this time of year. Allergies and weather play a large part, methinks. :(


In other news, my kidlin has given notice at her job. She has another lined up, which sounds wonderful and fully suited to her personality and future aspirations, but that's all I'm saying about it so as not to jinx it. Yeah. I really did say jinx. I'm believing more and more in the bizarre these days. Just ask Mystical. I couldn't even write about something Friday morning because I was afraid it might come true and I'd bring a curse down upon my head. heh.

Seriously? Have you seen this? If you are a brownie baker and love the edge the way I do, you should totally have one of these in your kitchen. Now, if you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you'll know that I probably don't need one of these unless I can find someone who will come over and back for us. Because Keith and I tend to both be hazards around open flame and/or cooking items in general (though we are getting better with the microwave so long as we don't get too distracted). I happen to know that Kel's boy, Michael, is an excellent brownie baker, so I'm thinking one of these in the house and a bag full of groceries, along with an invitation to the two of them for dinner (I'll order out, don't worry) is in order one evening very soon. (Yeah, I'll warn them in advance what is hoped for, but not expected... It sounds like he does actually like to bake.

And finally... Where have these been all my life and why didn't anyone tell me about them? I mean honestly. How long have they been around and how many holes are in the walls of my various former homes because I didn't know they existed? Good dog, people... I saw it in action this weekend at Anonybro's house (well maybe not this exact model but something similar) and they are amazing! If you don't have one already and have any leveling to do (even if you DON'T!) go out and get one!

7 comments:

Cursing Mama said...

No doubt next year you'll be the one we're busy getting down off the table
;)

Diana said...

I am so getting one of those!

Michael Manning said...

Keri: Passports and migraines, huh? Now I feel caught up! :-) I had to laugh about the toothpaste, because most everyone admits to spitting their coffee in the morning over a joke, but never toothpaste! Enjoyed!

Keri said...

I want to know where my brains were when I was writing this post. Spelling and grammatical errors all. over. the. place. Where the heck are all of my favorite editors when I need them??? huh???

CM - sounds like a great idea. I wanna know - were you escaping some terrifying critter? Or had the fire gotten away from Motorcycle Man?

Diana - the brownie pan or the laser level? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Michael - If you ever send friends or relatives off on an Alaskan cruise and give them a ride to the airport... ask them prior to leaving if they have their passports! :)

Bluegrass Mama said...

Funny, I've always preferred the center of the brownies and didn't realize that anyone considered the ones on the edge a treat!

Keri said...

BGM... Not me. I've always been all about the edge pieces. But then again, I like my cookies crispy. And I am now guessing you are a soft and gooey cookie girl.

Kathy Howe said...

We sure did miss you at GGW this year!