8.15.2007

Working through the pain... with yoga, coffee, and conversational French.

Taken some action. Decided to get away from the decidedly smelly state of my being holed up in my decidedly smelly bed as it wasn't helping my headache any today. So I forced myself up and made a cup of coffee. While it was steeping, I stripped the sheets off the bed and tossed them in the washer. I had a small bowl of cereal and then did yoga for stress headaches. When I woke from the last position on my mat on the floor, I laughed and thought again about what a great voice the narrator/instructor has for creating a calm and relaxed state. The headache lingers. But I showered and got dressed and headed out into the world for some coffee in public and some computer work. I have to get the website done. Soon.

I have as company the chatter of conversational French two tables over. It is beautiful (even though I understand not a word). The radio isn't too annoying today. A little loud. And I'm actually sitting at the table from which the giant spider dropped onto my knee. What was I thinking? I wasn't. I guess now that I've remembered I'm just hoping that there aren't a hundred little babies that were waiting to hatch after I destroyed the mommy...

So that's where I am and what I'm doing. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Bluegrass Mama said...

I'd have loved to listen in on la conversation francaise! Hope that headache goes away soon. LOL at the yoga nap.

mystical said...

Banish the bugger! No headaches allowed!

... and "leave the driving to us."

KinnicChick said...

WAIT until you hear what HalfBrainBoy bought me as a surprise, Mystical! You will be so excited!!!

Cursing Mama said...

ummmmm are you going to tell/show me what HBB bought you too??

(and here I was just gonna say something about that last relaxation pose that always puts me to sleeeep)

KinnicChick said...

Oh you'd not be nearly as excited about my new present as Mystical would... um, well. I don't think. Er. I'll email you. ;) I'm such a dweeb.

HalfBrainBoy said...

How'd you guess? It was on sale at Dweebs (backwards)R Us.
Heh. Just getting a little kick out of the fact that this gift takes much, much patience. heh. This will be interesting.