8.13.2007

That crazy weather...

Here it comes again... another wacky dog days of summer storm down the interstate. I don't know why they like to travel right down the highway like they are following a map, but they seem to do just that. It sounds like it has just crossed into Minnesota and is headed our direction. Batten down the hatches because this one has tornado warnings involved!

Wouldn't you know it? My folks are scheduled to fly in right around the time the storm is supposed to come sailing in to the metro area...

This hot and sticky time of year has just GOT to be my favorite around here. *nearly choking on laughter* We got to sleep with the windows open last night, though. There was a beautiful breeze blowing through and the dewpoint was down. It was nice. But when the storms are out there prepping and building in both weather and my head, I literally feel like this:

Think I'll take a nap. I'm betting the flight will have at least a two-hour delay. Anyone want to start a pool? It's already saying 25 minutes late...

5 comments:

Amy said...

I liked the picture of the effect of weather - very true! Only a few more weeks left!

Cursing Mama said...

I wonder if they ever made it in last night....a diversion to somewhere scary like Chicago would've made for an interesting evening at chez KinnicChick -
Guess I'll have to go see what happened on Twitter...

Bluegrass Mama said...

Hope they made it in safely. Feel free to send some of that rain down our way (but you can keep the thunder and lightning!).

Maria said...

I miss those midwest summer storms, but like bluegrass mamma, you can keep the thunder and lightning.

Thanks for dropping by my site. I left a comment there for you.

HalfBrainBoy said...

Wow. What a perfect picture you found. (The vise-head.)
Really sorry about the headaches lately. Hard to see you have them, so I can't imagine what it's like to actual be the one having one.
Sometimes no brains has it's perks. Nothing to ache. :-o