7.29.2007

Blogathon 12:30am #34

Here is my very first meme. It could end up my last. We’ll see. If you do venture to read this, keep in mind my mind is completely frazzled. Really, I can hear the zapping and crackling of those over-taxed neurons. But, here it goes:

Unfinished Sentences
1. I've come to realize that my last kiss was...pretty much a dream come true. Have you ever had a dream that seemed completely unrealistic? Too far out to ever come true? A dream that everyone tells you to give up? A dream that, then, does come true? If so, then you’d understand my answer to this question.
2. I am listening to...the blissful silence of just my a/c running and Keri typing. This has been a day full of overloaded senses bombarded by nice experiences, but much more sight and sound and commotion than I’m used to. It is nice to kick back in a quiet place and reload.
3. I talk...and, I talk and I talk. And, sometimes I even make sense. Other times, all too often, I just get a quizzical look from the listener as he or she tries to figure out what the heck I’m talking about.
4. I love...questions that are so open ended that I could answer with a million different good answers. So, instead of answering, I just make fun of the question.
5. My best friends...are a patient bunch. (Just consider the name HalfBrainBoy and you’ll understand.)
6. My car...is non-existent A doctor told me not long ago that I should “start to become comfortable with the idea that I’ll never drive again.” I’m working on that. But, I do think I’ll drive again someday. For now, between friends, family, cabs, and a new propensity towards walking, I can handle the lack of car pretty well.
7. My love life...is pretty much like my love of life. It’s all good.
8. I hate it when people ask... “why are you here for your appointment today, you are schedule for TOMORROW, not today.”
9. I want to...simplify, move to a quiet, simple place and live a life of semi-retirement. I want this to start tomorrow, if not sooner.
10. Marriage is...an amazingly complex thing that takes lots of work and is something I am far from an expert at. But, it’s wonderful in a hundred different ways and I’m so glad it is a part of my life. And, I'm glad I'll be sharing the experience with my best friend.
11. Somewhere, someone is thinking...”can this guy get any more pithy with his answers?”
12. I'm always…open to talk and listen. I love to discuss politics, religion, philosophy, technical theory. And, yes, I’m open to discussing feelings as well, good or bad. I was known as “the priest” in high school because I ended up the one friends went to when they just needed to spew their thoughts and feelings.
13. I have a secret crush on...now, if I told, it wouldn’t be a secret, now would it? HAR! I have no secret crush. I have only one crush. And, it’s not so secret.
14. I am not...going to answer this question.
15. My cell phone...is always with me. My blackberry makes up for many of the problems caused by that missing brain I got going on. I can’t imagine not having it.
16. When I wake up in the morning... I must drink down at least one 12 cup pot of coffee before I realize I’m out of bed.
17. Before I go to bed I...follow Keri’s habit of peppermint oil and wishes. I also follow another suggested philosophy of listing 10 things I’m grateful for. Lately, the list of things I’m grateful for is growing faster than the list of wishes.
18. Right now I am thinking about...first, the pithy part: thinking about how lucky I am. Next, I’m thinking about how tired I am. And, how fried and overloaded my poor little brain is. This week of work has been long and challenging. And, this weekend has been full. My poor little brain is saying, “aaaaaiiiiiieeee” or some other such thing that brains say when they’re ready to do nothing but lay on a beach next to the ocean surf.
19. Babies are...for the young. This question, especially right now, just makes me tired.
20. I get on MySpace...Hey, you stay in your space and I’ll stay in MY space. Heh. Nope. Never ventured into myspace.
21. Today I...will get lots of sleep, after the next 8 hours are done. It’s now just minutes after midnight. So, the end of blogathon is in sight. Sorta.
22. Tonight I will...See today. Because today is kind of the same as tonight, being midnight and all. All, right, all, right. Tonight, as in Sunday night, I will sleep some more and get to bed at a decent time to get up at 5 for work. That is 5am, as in the time of day I down my first pot of coffee.
23. Tomorrow I will...work. I will re-enter the work world rejuvenated, well-rested, recharged. I will be ready to tackle this mind-boggling technical issue I’ve been dealing with all week. I will be racing to hit a deadline. By Wednesday, you should find me curled up in a ball under my desk babbling incoherent technical jargon. In other words, Wednesday should be pretty much an average day.
24. I really want to...did I already mention that semi-retirement, simplification deal? Aside from that, I really want to savor each and every day. I mean it. Those who know a little bit about me and my recent life, pretty much know how much I have to savor all the time.

1 comment:

Mys. M said...

Awww, your first "meme," and you shared it with the world. I think you done real good. Maybe some day I'll do a meme too. And you might be H B B but you're no half WIT boy!