7.28.2007

Blogathon 11:30 pm - Post #32

Blogathon 2007!
11:30 pm
Post #32
Location: Chanhassen, MN (a.k.a: The bachelor pad)
Author: Keri (aka: KinnicChick)



I was sitting and thinking during the drive over (while poor HalfBrainBoy did the blogging via the crackberry) about all of the things that kept popping up during my packing up of the twin home and the cleaning out of drawers and cabinets so that Keli and her roomies would have places to put things... I came up with the following list:



Strange Discoveries of the Mover

• Keys in drawers, on shelves in cabinets in the laundry room and just about every other room in the house and I have no idea what they are for anymore. But I didn’t want to get rid of them! Not when I moved in and put them where I did, not when I put them where they were whenever I put them there, and not when I packed up for this current move. Hey, someday I might actually figure out what they were for and if I don’t have them anymore? I’ll be sorry!
• Loose batteries. Double A, Triple A, 9 volt… Are they good anymore? Are they bad ones that people didn’t know what to do with or just neglected to throw away at the time and then when they were seen later, nobody knew if they were good or bad so they got saved? I don’t know. So they moved with us too. Gonna have to buy a battery tester to find out.
• A person never really knows how many of the following one has until they need to clean out drawers and cabinets in a move:
o Pens and pencils
o Erasers for pencil ends and loose ones but too dry to use
o Pen
o Buttons
o Paper clips
o Batteries
o Keys
o Foreign coins in whatever denomination (who knew?)
o Bread twists
o Pennies
o Rubber bands
o Post-it pads???
o Tubes of lip gloss, tubs of carmex, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are getting near the end of the blog~a~thon and I'm just beginning!
-d

HalfBrainBoy said...

OHHH! THAT's where I left my coin collection! I was wondering! Oh, and just a hint, I've found you can never have enough bread twists. They can be used to tie those extra keys together. Or, the bread twists can be used to fashion and fire escape ladder in pinch. Don't get rid of those. Lip gloss? Not mine. You can keep it.