1.13.2007

Ten Degrees...

Hey, winter has arrived! Okay, the idea of winter has arrived. Snow hasn't arrived, but this seems to be the way we get winter around here these days. *sigh* The cold comes far before any real snow now. Which for the people living in the country as I used to, some true problems can occur. Hope all of those people living out there not on city sewer have their septic systems covered with a good insulating layer of straw or something. Because this weather can cause havoc with those systems.

As for me? Yeah, they cause havoc with me, too. I will have a good attitude about winter, I will have a good attitude about winter...

I was supposed to be walking in a parade in a couple of weeks - February 2nd. It almost always turns out to be the coldest night of the year, but our little town seems to enjoy celebrating it's winter location with a balloon festival each year and our Committee is going to have a parade unit to promote the Relay. Great idea, yes? I thought to myself, "What better way to get into this new attitude and spirit of winter than to dive right into the heart of it and walk in this parade! Get thee into costume (our theme for the Relay this year is Over the Rainbow as in Wizard of Oz) and get out there and do it!" but alas... I've been gifted some tickets for that same night to see/hear Joshua Radin and will have to miss the parade by attending a very warm concert instead.

Ah well.

Mileage updates to come...




In my head: Cold as Ice by Foreigner

No comments: