11.03.2006

Too much fun and right on the money...

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The South
North Central
The West
Boston
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes



I would have to say my percentage on that since they don't show the bars on here the way they should was somewhere around 75 to 80%... Pretty accurate I suppose because I do get asked if I'm from Wisconsin when I'm out and about. :)


In my head: A conversation I had on the phone with someone (you know who you are if you are reading, hahaha) who was still living in Colorado shortly after I moved back to Wiscahnsin. About 15 minutes into the conversation he said, "I can't believe how fast your accent came back." I asked what the heck he was talking about and he told me that my o's were very strong and I said the word "about" like I was from Fargo or something. And I sat there play arguing with him because I swore I sounded Just.Like.Him.

Isn't that right Jen? We don't sound any different than you or Dash when we get together for our mini BlogHer fests, do we?!

No comments: