10.27.2006

and the fun just goes on and on...

traveling to MP
We had such a sunny and beautiful drive down yesterday.

But today? Rain and clouds. Cold and wind. It was really crappy all day. Our plans to go see the historical sights fell completely on the ground. And so we shopped and we ate. But that was fun. As you can see in the last photos, I didn't do bad with my shopping. I found funky socks and warm mittens. Terrific bags and purses for carrying new laptops and wonderful bowls of warm and sweet drinks.

da moose at Mineral SpiritsAnd tonight Marge and I went to see Greater Tuna at the Opera House in Mineral Point. The show was funny and while attendance was low, it was still a great time. We had breakfast at the Red Rooster, lunch/coffee in Dodgeville with a visit to the Lands End store (did you know Dodgeville was home to Land's End?) and dinner at the Mineral Point Brewery before the show. Heh. Then we headed back to Mineral Spirits to cap the night off with the moose once again. :)


foam mustacheWe plan to start tomorrow with our usual Friday morning writing date at a cafe in one of the historical parts of town and then we may head to Illinois for a little side trip. We'll finish the day back here in the evening, though. This is a great town. I could easily see myself spending some significant time here some day. There are less than 3000 people living here and yet there are 50 full-time artisans who call this home. We visited a pottery and saw some wonderful artwork this afternoon while shopping. I've seen some big changes since my last visit here (I think it has been five years possibly) but it is still one of the most incredibly artistic places and favorite places to visit. It has a feel and I truly love it. But there is still a thing or two missing for me that are significant. *sigh*

Anyway, here are the rest of today's photos. Hope to be back with more tomorrow. Now I need sleep.


In my head: Piano Man by Billy Joel and NOT Elton, Marge :)

No comments: