8.28.2006

meme from the dj man...

I've done a few book memes. Didn't go back to verify if this was one of them because I thought I'd rather see first if it would change immensely this time around.

1. One book that changed your life - How Then, Shall We Live? by Wayne Muller This book focuses on four questions: Who am I? What do I love? How shall I live, knowing I will die? What is my gift to the family on the earth?

2. One book that you’ve read more than once – (Everybody now... you all should know this I think.) The English Patient. In fact, I was reading it on the way to Florida, then an Aunt finished her book on the plane to Florida and had nothing left to read so I handed it to her since I've practically got it memorized and she had given one to me that I had not read yet.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island - A big blank book (endless paper) and lots of pens (and endless supply...) :)

4. One book that made you laugh – Bill Bryson, just about everything that he wrote, but A Walk in the Woods was the first and so I probably enjoyed it the most.

5. One book that made you cry – Grace and Grit: Spirituality and Healing in the Life and Death of Treya Killam Wilber I can think of many books, but this is the one that popped into my head at this time of writing. It is the story of Ken Wilber's wife, Treya, and the battle she fought against breast cancer.

6. One book that you wish had been written – How We Stopped Cancer in its Tracks

7. One book you wish had never been written – Gonna keep thinking about this one. So far I haven't come across THAT book yet that I can remember...

8. One book you’re currently reading – Forever by Pete Hamill (Currently, still... there is a reason this book is called forever in my book... because it puts me to sleep everytime I pick it up. *yawn* Or think about it.) It's what I read when I run out of other books.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read – The Trail of Tears


In my head: some unknown beatles tune I can't get to the heart of

No comments: