7.10.2006

Meme-ing via email...

My friend Mystical Marge sent me a meme via email today. I responded to her and then thought it was fun enough to post my response here and share with a slightly larger audience (the extra two of you who read here. I may have edited an answer or two because of that. ;) So here it is. The meme of fours.

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Caterer
2. Candy maker (did this twice - it was my first job at the old "Red Owl" in Hudson and now doing truffles!)
3. Dietary personnel at Hudson Memorial Hospital (best high school job in town)
4. Retail sales at Elaine's Perfect Present in the Chapel Hills Mall in Colorado Springs (and there was the Christmas we opened the gift wrapping center, but that was a freebie...)


B) Four movies I would watch have watched over and over:
1. The English Patient
2. Phenomenon
3. Bridget Jones's Diary
4. Practical Magic


C) Four places I have lived:
1. Hudson, WI
2. Colorado Springs, CO
3. Northern MI
4. River Falls, WI


D) Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. Gilmore Girls
2. 24
3. One Tree Hill
4. I was just telling Keli that I was going to get the old DVD seasons of Moonlighting because we both love Bruce Willis and I was remembering how much I used to love that show.


E) Four places I have been on vacation: (Marge, the shameless way you showed off in this category really was quite aweful...) ;)
1. Colorado
2. Badlands (with MARGE!)
3. Grand Marais
4. New Mexico

F) Four Websites I visit daily
1. Kazoofus (how many times a day I am ashamed to say - "Has she updated lately?" "I wonder if anyone has commented???" "Would this be considered an obsession?" "Am I stalking her?" ROLF!!! Kathy, are you going to block me now? heh...
2 CM's terrifically funny site.
3. The hilarious Chris, Chris Cactus. Mostly to see what crazy photo he has put himself in lately. "Oh look, he has his hair in pigtails to match his little girl's today..." *snort*
4. All of my DIVA sisters' sites - those lovely ladies with whom I met up in Chicago several years back after we found each other online while trying to lose weight via Oprah and Bob's book, Make the Connection. (Beanie, Trudi, Katie, KathyC, KathyK, Liz) and yes, I know that makes more than four if you are counting individuals, but the Divas in this case aren't individuals, they are one unit. :)

G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Pasta
2. Easy Mac (What? This is pasta? Pshaw...)
3. Noodles
4. Coffee in any form - injection, frozen, whole bean and dipped in dark chocolate, etc.

H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Dunn Bros with a fully charged (to $200? SURE! Thank you!!!) gift card, a couple of good books, yes, the ones from J below would be just fine, thank you, only the best music playing and several of my closest friends and the best coffee slingers around.
2. 3 Hats' patio with a Corona and lime
3. Walking in sunshine in New Mexico. In Bandelier National Monument in the middle of the week when there aren't a bunch of tourists there. Because I'm definitely not a tourist.
4. Oh man. Sitting in LaFonda restaurant eating fresh guacamole (however you spell it, who cares??? I'd rather eat it.) and drinking some terrific cerveza with lime and just knowing that soon I'll have in front of me a plate full of burritos and beans and other wonderful stuff I'll never be able to eat because I will be so full of the wonderful guacamole. Yep. That's it. That's where I want to be. Tomorrow. Not now. I'm not hungry enough right now. ROAD TRIP!!!!!!

I) Four friends I think will respond:
1. Zoofy?
2. Cursing Mama might if she can find time between all her vacation
3. Carolyn because she is my oldest friend. (oldest meaning longest - heh)
4. Hmm. I think Kimby will. Maybe. KIMBY?????????

J) Four books I've loved:
1. The English Patient
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. Living to Tell the Tale (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
4. Sabbath (Wayne Dyer)

Play along if you like. Comment to let us know that you've posted your own results if you have. :)

No comments: