7.20.2006

For Karen's Aunt Jackie...

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

Heard from Robert yesterday that his lovely wife Karen had lost her Aunt Jackie to the cancer beast. Sometimes the battle can be worse than saying goodbye. But the grieving for those left behind is the hard part.

This is what strikes a great terror all of us, I think... that fear of facing a life without those we love. Losing them to something like cancer or accident or whatever but having to go on without them.

Karen and Robert I am sorry for your loss.

Today's inspiration: Karen's Aunt Jackie
Today's miles: 5.3
Total so far: 455.6
Still to go for goal: 44.4


In my head: Neil Young's After the Garden because ever since the concert I've got pretty much one version of CSN and/or Y going on in my head or in my iPod or car CD player all the time. Mostly it's Y right now because I picked up his Living with War CD. Incredible stuff.

Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

No comments: