7.26.2006

For Heather's Aunt Sue... (updated with mileage)

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

I have a new inspiration today... And will have another tomorrow. Both for Heather, who is a new friend. Because blogging is like that. Which is the coolest thing about it, the new friends you pick up along the way. She found me through Elle whose site I loved very much. :) And who lives on in the archives. And elsewhere. I bet. *Coughsurfmyblogrollcough* Heather is an ACS contributor. She has sponsored me yet again here for my blogathon. Hugs and smooches, Heather.

I noticed that her sponsorship was in honor of a couple of family members and asked if she wanted to tell me anything about them so I could add them to my inspiration list. She says this about her Aunt Sue:

She is the kind of person who always had a smile and showed up for you for everything no matter how she feels. Always a lot of baked goods in her kitchen(when she was well she would get up early and mass produce pies,cookies,cakes -you name it! All very yummy!
Heather, today my mileage is for Aunt Sue. It's a hot one. I'll report back when I've got it done. Time is of the essence every day for some of my inspirations. Thank you for telling me about her. And for sponsoring my blogathon. And for being a faithful reader. You rock!

I bet Aunt Sue has no battle scars of her baking up and down her arms. And no photos of ugly food disasters. Or stories of tossing burning micros onto winter porches. *snort*



Today's inspiration: Heather's Aunt Sue
Today's miles: 4.8
Total so far: 480.3
Still to go for goal: 19.7


Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

No comments: