7.03.2006

Even later check-in...

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

And bulletized once again. 'Cuz I know ya like it like that.


  • That Stephen King book? Done. And the fluff book that was waiting in the wings? Done done done. I'm now on the fifth short story in The Complete Stories of Truman Capote and whatever else you can say about him, the man was a talented writer. I'm enjoying them immensely. He's so well known for In Cold Blood but there is this large body of work that he created and it is so rich with warm and compassionate tales of the human experience. I'm so very glad that I hung onto it after I picked it up and wandered around the store with it the other night.

  • If all goes well with paperwork, I do believe we have found the girls a beautiful apartment for school in the fall. That's all I'm saying about that until it is a done deal. Look forward to pictures if it works out. They'll be in by August 1.

  • Tom Petty? Yeah, he rocked. The man can still bring down the house like a youngster. What am I saying? He is a youngster. Heck, he's only been playing for 30 years, man. It was a GREAT concert. If he comes again I will see him again. We were a mile away, but every nuance of his performance could be sensed. Ya get it after a few concerts, you know? And everyone who has heard me discuss that Red Rocks performance on the Echo Tour when we hung out in line all day waiting to rush for seats when they opened the gates and ended up in the seventh row center, knows that I pretty much can see all the moves and guitar changes and so on in my head and don't need to be up front to know what is going on (but I sure would prefer it). LOL!

  • Still haven't changed the oil or gotten the renters insurance or taken the kid to the bank or delivered paint to the dad or checked out the mopeds/scooters ;) or other such-is-life stuff. But hey, life goes on every single day, and there is plenty of time to sweat the small stuff.

So breathe. Enjoy your life. Take a minute and look around you in wonder and appreciation. Because each moment is a gift. This one. And this one. And this one...

Savor them. Every one of them. What are you grateful for today?


Today's inspiration: Marijean, our torch bearer at this year's Relay, who just learned her cancer has returned... :(
Today's miles: 3.5
Total so far: 400.3 (if this were the old days, I'd get a new duck today!)
Still to go for goal: 99.7


Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

No comments: