7.22.2006

Counting down...

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

Today's inspiration: Aunt Dot with more love than you can know
Today's miles: 7.3
Total so far: 462.9
Still to go for goal: 37.1

Count down to Blogathon-Schmogathon (my words, not anyone else's that I'm aware of) is on. Why Blogathon-Schmogathon? Because as I wrack my brains trying to come up with the perfect things to blog about for 24 hours straight, I eventually come to the conclusion: ah blogathon-smogathon!!! because nothing seems to be perfect enough to write about for this auspicsious occasion and be a money draw for ACS. Thanks to Lisa and Elle ;) for the recent sponsorships! One of these days, Miss Elle... heh... Tomorrow, perhaps? Mwahahaha! It is linked after all... :)

(eek! Rent is due tomorrow!)

Do I write about today's excitement in the neighborhood? Rather... in da hood... Because that's how it felt around here. So I save the story for next weekend, thinking perhaps it should be saved...

Do I become a movie reviewer and write about last night's visit to the cinema and what we saw? Yes... perhaps. So that bit waits, as well.

Do I write a book review on what I've been reading of late? Yes... perhaps.

Do I copy out a few of the recent timed writings I've done? Ooh. Getting to the marrow. Perhaps. Not.

Always there will be dribs and drabs of cancer related stuff. You won't know when it's coming because if you are going to read along, I don't want you thinking you can tune out for that. I'm going to stuff it in when you least expect it. I read a dilly last night over on the Cancer Blog and I can't wait to sprinkle that one in. It shocked me. Absolutely. To my toes.

So that stuff said, Happy Saturday all. Smooches. Keep up the good work. Send questions and topics for me to be thinking about for the Blogathon-Schmogathon, please. Love you all.

Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

No comments: