This meme has been sitting in my drafts pile for a long time just waiting for me to fill it out. I snagged it from Golf Widow weeks ago and thought this would be a good time to bring it on out.
As you can see, there are still some blank spaces. It is a work in progress. Perhaps I'll get some time to finish it during the next few hours. Perhaps not. Doing this much so far has been grueling. I'll try. I sure would like to. It has been sitting waiting for me long enough!
I had to have some help coming up with some of it because I don't have the memory I used to. So thanks to Jeff, the over-a-million-made-5-star-latte-man who led me to a fun web site filled with lists of things to trip your memory right down memory lane. Sometime when you are looking for ideas for theme music stuff, head on over to Digital Dream Door. Great site. And thanks to Keli, too. Who always has songs and music right at the tip of her tongue, and is never afraid to give me her opinion on anything. Smooches dear.
The "Up-to-Three" Music Meme: The rules are that you can name fewer than three, but only up to a maximum of three, and, when required, you have to list specific songs.
Song(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
- We Built This City by Jefferson Starship
- Proud Mary by ANYBODY (this song has been done to death but it keeps rising from the grave...
Musical Artist(s) That I Loathe to the Core of My Being
- Stevie Nicks (yeah, okay. Just shut up. I don't care that she is an icon or such an integral part of such a wonderful group... blech.)
- Shania Twain (she don't impress me much... heh)
- John Fogerty (leave me alone, I know there are a lot of JF lovers out there... blech... may the bad moon rise elsewhere.)
Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love
- Ruby Tuesday
- As Tears Go By
- Time is on My Side
Beatles Song(s) I Love
- I Saw Her Standing There
- In My Life
Wh♂ Song(s) I Love
- Behind Blue Eyes
- We're Not Gonna Take It
- I Can See For Miles
Reggae Song(s) I Love
- One Love/People Get Ready by Bob Marley
- Three Little Birds (Bob again but as performed by Tracee Chapman)
Country Song(s) I Love
- Here's a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares) by Travis Tritt
- You Say it Best When You Say Nothing at All performed by Ronan Keating
- Rodney Crowell's After All This Time
Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love
- Garden State
- Practical Magic
Musical Soundtrack(s) I Love
- Moulin Rouge
- Anything with Gene Kelly. I'm a sucker for Gene Kelly. His voice is like buttah and I can just close my eyes and see his fabulous dancing, which is really the icing on the cake. Have I mentioned lately that I'm back in tap class (I'm kidding about mentioning it lately, kids)? And now my dance teacher (HI CHERI!) is chatting casually with me about ballroom dancing. heh. I must be eminating those Richard Gere vibes again.
Cover Song(s) I Love
- La Bamba (originally done of course, by Ritchie Valens in 1958 - and beautifully) by Los Lobos
- Hurt (originally by Nine Inch Nails) by Johnny Cash
- Respect (originally by Otis Redding) by Aretha Franklin
Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love
(I don't think I have any secrets, musically. I may say "Shut up" a lot, but I always tell.) I left this line in here from GolfWidow, because it spoke my language. :)
Song(s) That Bring Me to Tears
- We Built This City because after I hear it I cannot get the dogdamn thing out of my head for weeks. And that really drives me insane. I really hate that song. So tears in a very bad way.
Song(s) That Make Me Shake My Ass
- Please Please Me by the Beatles
- O, Lover by Jason Mraz puts me in dance class when we are doing some Latin dance stuff
Classical Composer(s) I Love
- I'm boring, but there are some Mozart Horn Concertos that knock. me. out.
Rap/Hip-Hop Song(s) I Love
- Funky Cold Medina by Tone Loc
- Wild Thing by Tone Loc
- Something from Outkast I suppose... Or the Fresh Prince. Heh. I'm such a big time Rap/Hip-Hop girl.
70s Disco Song(s) I Love
- I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor because of the memories of the first time I heard it... *sigh* ;-)
- It's Raining Men by Weather Girls (and thank you Bridget Jones's Diary soundtrack for bringing this one back - it fit the film so perfectly!)
- Boogie Oogie Oogie by Taste of Honey (it's just fun to say, isn't it???)
70s Supergroup Song(s) I Love
- Hotel California by The Eagles
- Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Metal Song(s) I Love (oh gawd... seriously? Gonna have to think a lot harder on this one. And love is an awfully strong word...)
- I have tried. I have looked at list upon list of top metal songs. If someone else would like to make suggestions to me and persuade me - bring me over to the dark side... feel free. But personally? Metal just doesn't turn my crank. Oh well.
New Wave Song(s) I Love (Oh where do I begin?)
- Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds
- In a Big Country by Big Country
- Everybody Wants to Rule The World by Tears for Fears (I wore this cassette OUT)
Soul/R&B Song(s) I Love
- Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin
- Stand by Mefrom Ben E. King
- Maybellieneby Chuck Berry
Power Ballad(s) I Love
Pre Rock and Rock Era Songs I Love
Punk Song(s) I
- Rock the Casbah by The Clash
- Rock 'n' Roll High School by The Ramones
- Gloria performed by Patti Smith
Singer/Songwriter Song(s) I Love
- Imagine by John Lennon
- Moon Shadow by Cat Stevens
MTV Video(s) I Love
- Fatboy Slim's Weapon of Choice, starring Christopher Walken. :) Thanks for the introduction to that one Mark.
- Don't Come Around Here No More from Tom Petty
- Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer
"None of the Above" Songs I Love
- American Pie by Don McLean
- Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers
- My current obsession with Elliott Smith (and yes, Wes, I live to tell about it!:-))
Songs to Have Sex To (The prude in me is screaming, "What??? I can't leave this category here...!!! I certainly cannot answer it!" And so my answers are... ROFL)
- Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer
- by Dave Matthews
- Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye