7.30.2006

The 4:00 am post - #41 Blogathon 2006, Yo.

It's Blogathon day! 24-hours of Solid Gold Fun!

So Heather (bless her heart) asked me to talk about vacations. I've had some great ones (Cancun, Florida, New Mexico, Colorado). It would be fun to have already blogged about all of them and be able to just link up with them now. But unfortunately, I haven't. (drat!)

In the meantime while I continue to work on the vacation thing. Here is another reason my baby makes me proud... Most of you have seen this before, but it fits with the theme tonight.




So this first one, of course, is how my dear one looked several years ago. Middle school age. I was homeschooling her, except for her learning of the French Horn. She would head off to school each day and practice with the band and have a lesson with the instructor once a week. The rest of the week, I'd pull out the keyboard and she'd practice with me playing along so she'd hear how the notes were supposed to sound. One day she decided to cut all of her hair off and donate it to Wigs for Kids. This is not the same organization as Locks of Love, but similar. So she asked if it was okay with us. We were okay with it after talking with her about it for a while.

After that she looked like this:



And from there she decided she hadn't gone far enough. Cancer kids don't end up getting down just this nice uniform little buzz cut she did. And so then she went to this:



Oh, and have I mentioned that this all took place before we ever found out that her Dad had the brain tumor?


Join in the fun by stopping by often and make sure you comment when you do visit. I want to know who comes by. And if you want to donate to my favorite charity - The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life of Hudson, you can do so by Clicking Here!

(If you happen to have Norton Antivirus with Adware blocking installed, you may have a little difficulty because of a bug in their software. You can shut off adware to go to the Blogathon site and sponsor me. Or you can simply head HERE and sponsor me directly on the Relay site.)

Thank you!

No comments: