7.14.2006

24 - It's not just a great tv series...

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

There's a first time for everything. Sponsor me... give to ACS Relay For Life.

Yeah. July 29th. Begining at 6 am pacific I'll be blogging 24-hours for cancer. Well, the topic won't be cancer. It might be sometimes. But every 30 minutes I'll have to blog. So 48 posts minimum. And I'm looking for sponsors. To get me through this Blogathon. As well as coffee. ;) And the money raised? That will go toward cancer - the ACS. My Relay team. We're going to maybe hit that goal yet. Because my auntie and our dear friend and my neighbor from out in Kinnic and Jodi's mom and so damn many others are fighting. Kids and adults and too many.

Doesn't it seem like there are more now than ever before?

And I'm so very thrilled the strides that are being made and I want to be involved in all of those future strides by raising the funds that will pay for the research that is going to find the cure.

So yeah. July 29th. Blogathon. To my ACS Relay team. Will you sponsor me? I've never done this before. I'm determined to do it this time, however. And like I told those whose advice I gathered in the decision making process (smooches to all of you who wrote me back - you rock), it's gonna take a lot of coffee. Unfortunately? it takes place on the weekend. I suppose that's necessary. But my favorite coffee slingers never work on the weekend. What's up with that? I could beg them, but I really doubt it's going to happen. I think they're all going to be out of town even.

I'm definitely going to beg my kid to loan me her laptop so I can go wireless for part of the time and head out to various locations and be a traveling blogger. That would be kind of fun. We'll see what kinds of ideas I can come up with before then. I will have 48 posts to write in that 24 hours. Count 'em - 48! So I'll be accepting ideas. Please send them. And I'll be looking for lots of blog visitors. Comment frequently. If you are going to be out of town and not have access to your computer? Take your phone. Take my number. Take some connection to me and keep me going. I'll be awake. Connect with me people.

Because my blog buddies? Rock.

Today's miles: 5.4
Total so far: 435.3
Still to go for goal: 64.7

Yesterday's miles: 4.4
Total so far: 429.9
Still to go for goal: 70.1

Wednesday's miles: 3
Total so far: 425.5
Still to go for goal: 74.5


Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

No comments: