7.29.2006

The 12:30 post - #10 Blogathon 2006, Yo. A post about books...

It's Blogathon day! 24-hours of Solid Gold Fun!

So what have you been reading lately?

You know already that I've been reading Capote. But that isn't all I've been reading. I'm currently reading The Time Traveler's Wife. I went into it knowing nothing about it and with no preconceived notions whatsover. I'm completely hooked. It's fascinating. It's a love story and I suspect there will be a tragic ending which will rip my guts out, but I'm not going to dread that. The husband involuntarily travels through time - not big jumps, just throughout his own life span back and forth. The woman in the story moves through her own life sequentially. Quite normally, except she encounters this man throughout her life in various stages of his life as he is on his time travels. A fascinating and lovely read.

I recently finished Dinner at The Homesick Restaurant by Anne Tyler. A story told from multiple points of view, few of the characters were likeable, it was a rather morose tale, making me feel blue throughout. It pulled me along and the writing was well done. All stories do not need to be happy with happy endings. In fact, movies that have tragic things going on throughout and then wrap them up right at the end to make them all perky and wonderful in the end are usually totally unbelievable and make me mad.

There is another book out in my car... gotta run and get it. So I can quickly post and submit by 12:30... Okay - Ann Packer's The Dive From Clausen's Pier. Awesome. This one hit me. Passing it on for others to read. And much of it took place in and around Madison and mentioned places I love. I'd dive deeper here but I'm running out of time. Maybe later.

Aside from those? It's been fluffy stuff. Koontz. And some King. Scary stuff to make me jump at every noise in the house when I'm alone at night. heh.

So what are you reading? And what do you think of it? I'm always looking for ideas.




Join in the fun by stopping by often and make sure you comment when you do visit. I want to know who comes by. And if you want to donate to my favorite charity - The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life of Hudson, you can do so by Clicking Here!

(If you happen to have Norton Antivirus with Adware blocking installed, you may have a little difficulty because of a bug in their software. You can shut off adware to go to the Blogathon site and sponsor me. Or you can simply head HERE and sponsor me directly on the Relay site.)

Thank you!

No comments: