6.09.2006

Yes, it's true.

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

If you've been out to my Relay Site since yesterday, you may have noticed that I dropped my goal by $2000. I'm no longer trying to reach $5000 in donations. With the Relay only a week away, I'm trying to get realistic here. Our town did manage to make $20,000 in online donations, which was the extremely aggressive goal I set for them at the beginning of the season (I was sweating that one!), but I can see that I was being too optimistic about my own goal this year. I'm very sad. I'm very disappointed. But at the same time, I'm totally appreciative of the huge donations that I've received from friends and family and of all the hard work put in by my team.

I really can't wait to see how well we've done in this year of slumping numbers across the board. Brain Trust, you rock!



Today's inspiration: Butch - I spoke with Lois today and she told me that things are stable. This is fantastic news!
Today's miles: 4
Total so far: 325.5
Still to go for goal: 174.5

Wednesday's miles: 5.25
Total so far: 321.5
Still to go for goal: 178.5

Tuesday's miles: 4.5
Total so far: 316.25
Still to go for goal: 183.75

Monday's miles: 6.5
Total so far: 311.75
Still to go for goal: 188.25

Saturday's miles: 4
Total so far: 305.25
Still to go for goal: 194.75

Friday's miles: 4
Total so far: 301.25
Still to go for goal: 198.75

In my head: Always Love by Nada Surf

To make a mountain of your life
Is just a choice
But I never learned enough
To listen to the voice that told me

Always love
Hate will get you every time
Always love
Don't wait till the finish line

Slow demands come round
Squeeze the air and keep the rest out
It helps to write it down
Even when you then cross it out

Always Love
Hate will get you every time
Always Love
Even when you wanna fight

Self-directed lives
I wanna know what it'd be like to
Aim so high above
Any card that get dealt, you

Always Love
Hate will get you every time
Always Love
Hate will get you

I've been held back by something, yeah
You said to me quietly on the stairs,
I've been held back by something, yeah
You said to me quietly on the stairs.
You said
Hey, you could once.
Hey, you could once.

To make a mountain of your life
Is just a choice
But I never learned enough
To listen to the voice that told me

Always love
Hate will get you every time
Always love
Hate will get you

I've been held back by something, yeah
You said to me quietly on the stairs,
I've been held back by something, yeah
You said to me quietly on the stairs
You said
Hey, you could once
Hey, you could once
Hey, you could once


Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

No comments: