6.19.2006

Monday Monday/Updated miles

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

It's another crazy week probably to be filled with many short updates. I'm hoping that after this week things will settle back into a normal routine again. But this week will be nuts. Absolutely nuts.

I'm running today with little jobs in prep for both the grad party on Sunday and college early registration which takes place tomorrow. Let's hope I don't forget to pay my rent on Friday. Ya'll help me remember, okay? That's this Friday. I should probably put it in the mail on Wednesday to be safe. Everybody set their reminder calendars... thanks. ;) OOOH! First day of summer is Wednesday. Will that help?

Another thank you to go out for even more Relay donations. Lisa Y! Thank you! Cursing Mama! I see your donation scroll! Thank you! *sigh* I just might make that goal total yet! You all have me keeping that tissue box right here beside the computer. There are many reasons I am grateful and weepy. Many reasons.

I held it together during the Relay pretty well. Until Terri walked in that door and asked how things were going. She brings it out of me. I don't know why. Sorry about that Ter. You don't deserve to have me falling apart on you. I think I just wanted to be able to tell you, of all people, with all of the stuff you've gone through the past year... that the numbers were through the roof.

Okay. Getting back to work. Smooches and hugs to each of you. I'm going to see that total going up some more. I can feel it. Thank you all.



Today's inspiration: Katie R - A Relay Co-Chair
Today's miles: 6
Total so far: 357.6
Still to go for goal: 142.4

Yesterday's inspiration: Diane V - A Relay Co-Chair
Yesterday's miles: 5
Total so far: 351.6
Still to go for goal: 148.4


Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

No comments: