6.13.2006

For Aunt Dot...

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

So today I again run for my Aunt Dot. I haven't heard any updates of late on her battle and I probably wouldn't post them anyway as she is a very private person, but this week is all for you, dear Aunt. With Love.

I'm migraining on day 3 and don't have much to say. Working on Relay Bank Night stuff. Have another bank night tomorrow. Trying to pull together workers for the Registration committee. Relay is this weekend. My original personal goal of $5000 is now down to $3000. I'm currently sitting at $1827. I don't think I'm going to make it without a serious push that will come from??? I don't know. If my mailbox suddenly filled up with all of the envelopes of people I didn't hear from I guess. Or if they went online and donated by cc. Several of those I sent to had already donated, too. So there is that. It was just a bad year, I guess.

I got a huge donation from a dear friend in the mail today. C Rae, you rock. (Sorry to hear you can't make it to the grad party. The last of the invites didn't get out yet. HA! Yours will get there by this weekend and there will be a wallet of the self-portrait. No art on the invite...)

Again, I'm hugely grateful for the donations I've received already. It is just difficult to see our numbers down when I am watching so many friends and family fight this battle.

But enough about that. Here are today's numbers. I'm off to Jimmy John's for the number 6. Because it is fantastic. And I deserve it after mileage in the heat with a migraine. Yo. (That was for you, Keli. Because I love you. I may be the weirdest mom on the planet, but you never have to wonder if I love you.)


Today's inspiration: Aunt Dot
Today's miles: 4.5
Total so far: 338
Still to go for goal: 162


Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

No comments: