6.27.2006

Checking In

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

Thought I'd write a brief post for those who've emailed to ask "Now that Relay and the graduation party are over, how are you, what are you doing and where the heck are you???" It won't actually become a post, of course, until I toss it out to blogger and get it out of my note book where I'm hand writing it on Monday evening from the comfort of my bed... *yawn* Nope. Not snoozing on my parents' sofa, if that has been posted anywhere at all.. *ahem* What can I say? I don't normally fall asleep at family events. I was exhausted. Yes, it was Father's Day when it happened. But I'd been up all night at the Relay and there was some let down happening. There was a bit of calm-before-the-storm going on. I must admit, the other night after the grad party at Anonybro's house while sitting beside the warm fire, it almost happened again. Must remain vigilant in his presence, however. He's a tricky one with the camera.

Anyway, some indication of where I've been, what I've been up to over the past several days... bulletized for you skimmers.

  • I'm on page 368 of Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub. I've got a new fluff book waiting in the wings. It's summer ya'll. I'm all about easy reading in the summer; something I can walk over to the cafe and sit on the patio with my coffee or beer and enjoy in the sunrise or sunset and not worry about the distractions of cars going by or lovely interruptions of friends new and old stopping by to chat.

  • I've added a favorite pampering product to my bath... got2b Spa brand's Foot Polish with sea salt, pumice and essential oils including rosemary, peppermint, orange, spearmint, lemon, ruby grapefruit and many more. it is fantastic and my feet totally love it.

  • I ran tonight. Really ran. Not just babied my foot with a kick-a$$ walk to burn the heart right out of my body but really ran. I took a route from last summer when I was really working. No, I didn't run the entire route as I'm not looking to re-injure myself. It felt great. Took a couple of extra strength ty-le-whosewhatsits to try and hold back some of the morning after a big run pains. (As I enter this a day later, I can report those did absolutely nothing for me. The older I get, the more running just plain hurts. And as I move through the day, the more I'm reminded that my body just felt that pounding pretty much all of the time last year. All. Of. The. Time. It never got any better. I never got used to it. That's just age? Ugh. How sad.)

  • We went to a college housing meeting and looked at some apartments. Her place is going to cost nearly twice what mine does. How does that sound? Unbelievable? Does to me. Plus utilities and with one less bath. I didn't even ask about the washer/dryer yet. Garage? Don't know. *sigh*

  • Tomorrow night is the Tom Petty concert (which since I'm entering this a day later is really tonight...) haven't seen him in a few years. Looking forward to it. Though I think this concert will pale in comparison to the one in Red Rocks amphitheater back then when the Blind Boys of Alabama opened and we were about 7 or 8 rows back in the center and it was an awesomely beautiful night. How does one compare?

  • Now there is the on with life stuff - changing the oil in the car, unpacking boxes, getting the new place in order and liveable after all of the stuff from the old place finally came here once we closed on it, take the kid to the bank and get her an account, get some renter's insurance, etc.


So that's where I've been and where I am. I'll be back soon. I promise. As for right now? I think I'll grab one more little cat nap. *yawn*





Today's inspiration: Bonnie's co-worker, early 50's, just received word that he has pancreatic cancer. :(
Today's miles: 4.5
Total so far: 375.6
Still to go for goal: 124.4


Mileage since the 21st: 10
Total so far: 371.1
Still to go for goal: 128.9



Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Order Essential Oils Online.