5.30.2006

That explains it...

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.

No wonder I was exhausted and my feet hurt and it took so long by the time I was finished running (rather walking) a few errands last night. I told Keli to stop me if I ever mention that particular variety of things in the future as I'm headed out the door at that time of night. At least I think I told her. There may have been some hallucination involved due to exhaustion when I returned.

She said she was ready to call out the troops she was getting so worried. Or call me. Or something.

The worst part about it was the fact that my iPod froze up on me less than halfway through. I'm sure that slowed me down. Otherwise it would have been a much jollier stroll. I can just cruise along without a care when I have great music to accompany me. But I was only a couple of miles into it the first time it froze. I recovered with a reset that time. Only two songs later it froze again. Right after some Matchbox 20 from DJ Wes. Hmmm... ;) Wonder what froze it the first time? The second time I couldn't reset it.

The last couple of miles was a killer with the two heavy bags of groceries hanging off my shoulders. But hey, I've been talking about needing to work on my arms. I did do a couple of curls with them just for kicks.

Message to E if you even read - about that conversation of the a.m.? There's always this word of advice in that situation... Get right back on the horse. ;) How comforting is that? Not very. And sometimes not very wise. But it can help one forget and move forward.



Monday's inspiration: Scott
Today's miles: 6.2
Total so far: 274.7
Still to go for goal: 225.3


In My Head: Root City Band's Backyard Boogie Cursing Mama or Kazoofus - have either of you heard these guys? They are local to the TC. Great band. I've caught them a couple of times and think they are super talented. Love the Saint Anthony tune they have playing at the top of the link I posted here. Thanks to Anonybro and Truffle Queen for introducing me to them when they pointed out a show at the Great Minnesota get-together a couple of years ago. They found a couple more fans in Kel and me.

Relay For Life... It's about being a community that takes up the fight...

No comments: