4.15.2006

A new look...

Tired of the gray I decided it was time for a new look. :) We'll see how long it lasts. The last one stuck for quite a while. I suppose because I'm going along with my theme or something.

Things are moving along. On many fronts. The house has been inspected. And now things have to be decided there. It was a long afternoon. I was in the throes of a migraine and having the inspector crawling around didn't help much. He was there for hours. And the process continues. Next up is the well and septic testing. *sigh* So many things to do for a simple home sale, eh?

I have gotten out and put in miles on a daily basis. Time to apply some of the inspiration to those miles now. It has been an amazing week along that front, too. I learned of a loss in a family friend to the cancer she has battled for so long. And I learned of how one of the gentlemen who belongs to the group sponsoring our Relay team is a 17-year survivor! (Yay, Bryan!) I also learned that his wife lost a sister only a couple of months ago to cancer. This sister, Jo, had only learned a couple of weeks prior that she had cancer and then? She was gone. I learned that a former co-worker's husband died from melanoma, that same cancer Bryan survived 17-years ago. The same cancer that took my grandmother from my dad and his siblings when he was a teenager. I learned that a former classmate of my brother's has had a recurrence. I learned of a young boy in my hometown who has an inoperable brain tumor on his brainstem. I learned also, of a man who we laughed with many a Sunday morning in his restaurant when I was younger, who also has an inoperable brain tumor on his brain stem. *sigh* So many more names to be added to the list. So many more prayers to go out.

I think I had a bunch more to say. I can't think of any of it at the moment. Perhaps I'll be back.

Happy Easter ya'll.


Today's miles: 5
Total so far: 165.5
Still to go for goal: 334.5

Friday's miles: 3
Total so far: 160.5
Still to go for goal: 339.5

Thursday's miles: 4
Total so far: 157.5
Still to go for goal: 342.5


In My Head: Dave Matthews Band - Hunger for the Great Light from Stand Up

No comments: