4.12.2006

More Miscellaneous Stuff... Bulletized for Stacey. :)

An update. Because I was the great proclaimer of No More Excuses.

  • First I want to thank Marge for making that doctor appointment and getting in there and having the checkup. :) You listened to all my nagging and got it done. Thanks, Marge. You rock.


  • I'm loving the new neighborhood. I'm getting out there and hitting the pavement and working off the mileage. Short mileage so far but I had to start slowly so as not to give myself the shin splints or the achilles problems of 2003 and 2004 again. Those sidelined me for so long that I would never get through my 500 miles this go round. I'll start kicking it up soon, but at this point, I have to start slowly and give the aged legs ice once in a while if I want a prayer of surviving moving from the treadmill to the road this season. I can tell. The legs just aren't as spry as they used to be. They are complaining from the short mileage, I cannot imagine what they are going to feel like as I add to the distance, but I do look forward to the longer treks. And I don't want to hear anything from you distance runners, Jen and Jon. *sticks tongue out* You make me jealous. (as for the neighborhood, it doesn't hurt that I'm a ten-minute walk from the coffee houses... a definite perk - ha! perk.)


  • Should be running DSL from here at the new place in less than a week. The computer will be smoking after that. Wait for the posts to come out of this site then!


  • Fundraising letter for 500 miles is slowly printing. If you love me (*ahem - you know what I mean - give it up for ACS please???) get on my mailing list by emailing me and letting me know you want one. Save me ink and tell me I can email it to you and that you'll give just as generously. I'll also post it here as soon as I hit the post office with it. I'd love to see the donations hit the record-breaking mark on my site, gang. Surprise my hometown and show them how it can be done in the 21st century without all that paper by going online. Too many people are still stuck in the dark ages and won't even consider going that route. Let's prove their fears wrong and break through the goal that I set for the town as the Online Fundraising Chair. With your help we can do it!


  • Weather is incredible here today. Wisconsin in mid-April and we have sunshine, blue skies and 80 degrees... well, I heard 80 was possible anyway. I'm loving it and want to hit the pavement, so I'll have to make this short. I've set a goal to get a few more miles in by the end of the day and will have to leave to get Keli from school in less than an hour so I want to go now.


  • By the way - things are really coming together on the sale of the house... Deadlines are being met on both parties' ends. I have a call to make to set up one thing when I get back. But things are looking awesome. All sales should go so good. Now if we can pull graduation together so smoothly.


  • Did I ever mention that Keli's ensemble took a one-star and will be going to state? That's coming up soon. Need to find out the date on that too. And her test results came back negative for lymes and mono. But she is to see an endocronologist... (sp). Her thyroid is still out of whack. Another appointment to make. Which she doesn't want to do. I have the name of a good one in St. Paul.


On the road. Have a great Wednesday afternoon. More tomorrow. Weekend approaches quickly!


Today's miles: 4
Total so far: 153.5
Still to go for goal: 346.5

Tuesday's miles: 4
Total so far: 149.5
Still to go for goal: 350.5

Monday's miles: 4
Total so far: 145.5
Still to go for goal: 354.5

No comments: