2.04.2006

For my aunt...

I've been struggling with how to write this post. I've sat down to do it about a billion times it seems. The wording always seems completely wrong. I keep getting so emotional. And that's not a bad thing. It just makes for difficult reading. And difficult writing to be honest. So I'm going to just state a few facts. "Just the facts ma'am." Keep it straight up for now. I'm sure there will be a lot of time to get personal about it later. But for now? Just a couple of bare minimum facts. As I know them. I still need to talk with my cousins. That would help, I think.

She has cancer. Lung and bone. Not good. She's a strong woman. I've yet to call a team meeting of the brain trusters. I need to talk with the main man about this, too. But I'm thinking... a team dedicated to a specific person. This person is deep in the middle of it. We could be dedicated to her this year.

I ran for her on Thursday. My strong Aunt. Smooches to you, dear. I love you.

Thursday's miles: 4.5
Total so far: 114
Still to go for goal: 386


And the mileage for Fr. Peter's run from Wednesday was as follows:

Wednesday's miles: 4
Total so far: 109.5
Still to go for goal: 390.5

Playing in my head: Photograph from Nickelback (thanks, J - first they play it all of the time on the radio so that it is forever in my head and then you tell me you are going to the concert which reminds me of it being stuck forever in my head and reintroduce this earworm!)

No comments: