2.06.2006

For Karen's Aunt Jackie and Obligatory Superbowl Post

OKA: Everybody's Doin' it so Why Shouldn't I?

Yes, even I watched the Superbowl yesterday. Well, half of it. It was the first football I watched all season, I think. Did I catch any Packers earlier this year? I can't really recall. There may have been one game very early. It was pretty darned unmemorable if I did. But late last week I received an invitation to a Superbowl party at my birthday buddy Butch's house (and his lovely wife Lois, of course). Shocking as it was to members of my family to hear that I would be attending a football party, I decided to attend. I mean, food, friends, farkeling possibilities, maybe even some terrific live music, who could refuse?

Well, most of (if not all) the house was cheering for Seattle so we were all pretty disappointed in the game. The commercials (4 mil plus? Seriously?) weren't as impressive as they should have been for the price they paid for their spots in my opinion. But maybe that's because they didn't have any money left to pay for the ads themselves by the time they finished paying for the advertising space. heh. I haven't heard much about this subject today, though.

And the Stones? Well, they're still moving around out there, I guess. And who ever actually sounds good in a football stadium? Well, besides U2? ;)

So today I wandered quickly through the MOA - That's the Mall of America for those of you not acquainted with the shorthand... Yes, it is possible to wander quickly through the biggest mall in the states. Is it the biggest in the world anymore? I kind of think not, but I'm not sure. I understand they are adding on to it so it will be again or something. Nearby they are working on the largest indoor waterpark. How exciting is that? (not very in my opinion, but...) I had something to return and so did my mom, so we drove over there to accomplish that feat. Parked on the opposite side of the mall to get a little exercise and dashed over and back to do it. And we didn't buy a thing. That's pretty big news! Hard to believe but true.

And now I'll be heading down to school to pick up Kel. This is a busy week for her. She will be interviewing with her number one choice art school later this week. We have several things to accomplish before then. No farkeling around for us...


Today's mileage is for Karen's Aunt Jackie... This is what my blog-buddy Robert (Karen's husband) has to say about her:

Jackie has cancer in multiple places, including the liver. She is already a cancer survivor, for which she has a new head of hair, thanks to the chemo on her last bout. She will be going to Sloan Kittering soon. Jackie is one of those people you always remember, and everyone should have an Aunt Jackie. She loves country music. She travels all over the country. She is quite soft spoken, but very charming. One of her personality quirks (which I'm sure irritates more people than it charms - thankfully, I'm charmed by it) is that, once you get her talking, the conversation will sequentially go off in various directions. Talk to her about a movie, for instance, and that will lead to other movies, which will then turn to remembered movie houses, then to a friend with whom she went to a certain movie, which gets her going on her friend's children, and...well, you know what I mean. Now, almost all conversations of a friendly nature will take such twists and turns; with her, however, all these turns will occur with a timespan of about 60 to 90 seconds. I've become notorious in Karen's family for seeding these conversational ramblings.


This one's for you, Jackie...

Today's miles: 3.5
Total so far: 117.5
Still to go for goal: 382.5


Playing in my head: Start Me Up from Mick and Keith and the rest of the boys

No comments: