2.26.2006

For John and Carol...

I heard today that Terri and Kathy's Uncle John was finally released from his long and difficult battle with cancer. The girls (and Kathy's teen daughter Katrina) have been on the RFL committee probably since the beginning of it in our town. Last year Terri was even our co-chair. She took this well-deserved year off to rest after all her hard-working years of service. Their family has fought a lot of cancer.

What we can do is keep raising funds for research and please tell your elected members of Congress that you are opposed to the President's proposed cuts to funding for the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in his budget for Fiscal Year 2007. Please.

This week I also did a little running along with the other things I needed to do while my visitor was in da house... This was for John and Carol (Carol is Terri's mother-in-law. They recently learned that she has stage 3 lung cancer.)

Sunday's miles: 4
Total so far: 132.5
Still to go for goal: 367.5

Saturday's miles: 4
Total so far: 128.5
Still to go for goal: 371.5





Playing in my head: The Moment I Said It From Imogen Heap

No comments: