1.22.2006

With thanks...

Thank you to everyone who helped make my birthday weekend special. It was much fun. And there were interesting new things to experience. Things with faces. And eyes. Yup.

I had food that was incredible on Saturday evening. More food than I thought was possible. Platters of food. In many courses. The food just kept arriving at the table and we kept moaning wishing we'd only known there was more to come so we'd paced ourselves better. Cooked by a beautiful woman (inside and out) who wants Kel and I to move back to Milwaukee with her. :) She's ready to adopt us. I think I'd weigh 300 pounds by the end of the year.

And there was interesting conversation. Talk of history and loss of life in tragic ways. Fascinating discussion of cultural differences. And the wine was good, as was the thick bottomed espresso which could put hair on anyone's chest. I only regretted there was nobody present to read the grounds tipped into our saucers. I'm so grateful for the invitation to this evening of liveliness...

As always there were gatherings at the coffee house for the morning wake up. Brief or lengthy, those are always important kickoffs.

What could have been a difficult weekend, while riddled with sniffles, sneezes and coughs from both Keli and I, ended with good memories. And there are more positive experiences ahead. Diva Gathering 2006 awaits! Can't wait...



Today's miles: Big Fat Zero
Total so far: 101.5 still
Still to go for goal: 398.5 still


Playing in my head: Bleeker Street by Simon and Garfunkel

No comments: