1.13.2006

Some good news...

Butch had good great wonderful fabulous!!! news today from his oncologist. Things are stable! He goes back next week for his next chemo treatment and to receive a couple more test results, but this was very good to hear! It was great to see him and Lois and receive the news this afternoon at Three Hats. Even if they weren't brave enough to stick around and try their luck with any games of chance! ;^)

Scarf and MittsMy latest finished project for sale for Relay benefit... Look Beanie! I made mittens! Not as gorgeous as yours by any stretch of the imagination, but they will be warm. I know, because I've made myself this type before from the same kind of yarn. I've been wearing them for the past couple of winters and I love them. I may remove the trim from the mittens and redo it to make myself happy because I'm a Dogdamn perfectionist. Or I may not. Email me if you are interested. (Up under the Relay For Life flag you'll see a "contact" line. Click there for the email...)

We're going to start ramping up the truffle-making for Valentine's Day if anyone wants to get in on that... Give it some thought. Mmmm... truffles.

This bit is not very good news. It's just news. It brings up a whole lot of sadness all over again but now will stir more anger into the pot of emotions. A bit of explanation on how the semi and bus crash could have happened after the State Marching Band Competition. :( Our kids are still grieving and I cannot imagine how the kids at ChiHi are carrying on.

And finally this evening, just want to say howdy to my original internet buddies, the Divas. I met these wonderful women online when we were all looking to get healthy back in 19what? Katie could tell me. Before many people were doing much online really. And after we'd been leaving messages on a couple of different message boards/bulletin boards way back in the day and getting to know each other from our little corners of the world, somebody suggested we actually meet up face to face. So we did! In Chicago. What year was that? It was so cool! We laughed until our faces hurt and our sides hurt. We all got along so well. And we swore we would do it again. Have any of you got a group photo around that I could post? I sure would love to be able to do that. I can't find the ones Bryan posted online anymore.

Well, we didn't think we would lose one of our Divas before that day happened. Who ever thinks something like that will happen? But a bunch of us are going to do it again. The Divas are gathering! Soon. And we are going to laugh until our faces hurt. We are going to give our abs a workout. I cannot wait. And Miss Judy? She'll be there with us, too. Smiling and laughing right along with us. And I'm going to be able to hear her saying "Well bless your heart" for the rest of my life no matter where I am.

That's all I can say for now. G'night all.




Playing in my head: Miss Judy's sweet voice

No comments: