12.08.2005

a "love"ly fundraising idea

My dear friend Robert passed along this information on a beautiful competition that garners funds for 10,000 cancer facilities in the United States and Britain.

The competition is dedicated to the memory of Zimand's wife Anda who died from breast cancer in 2003 aged 49.

"No one should underestimate the power of a letter that truly comes from the heart and with every letter I receive, I am moved, and remember my Anda," Zimand said.


The winners -- to be selected by a panel including Zimand and judges from the Romance Writers of America -- will be flown to New York and, on the morning of St Valentine's Day, taken on a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride in the city.


The competition is run by philanthropist Henri Zimand and you can get more information about it here.

Thanks, Robert!






Playing in my head: Imagine by John Lennon... can you believe it's been 25 years? I can't.

No comments: