11.09.2005

Wednesday rants...

Wednesday's miles: 4
Total so far: 20.75
Still to go for goal: 479.25

Tuesday's miles: 4.5
Total so far: 16.75
Still to go for goal: 483.25

Words written: 9550
Minimum words left to go: 40,450
Days left: 21
Hours spent: 6.5 (I'm to the point of guessing here, but not nearly enough time spent!)

Hours slept last night: zero

Time made up for that lack of sleep so far? about 45 glorious minutes.

Went to visit the anonymous bro in the hospital today. He's doing great! I could not believe how they had him out walking around and doing stairs. After removing a chunk of his shin bone so that they could lower it a little so the knee wouldn't rub bone on bone anymore. Yeowch. I was glad I got to seem him today at least. Yesterday Keith and I went over and walked in to his room and found it to be empty. There wasn't even a bed there! They had wheeled him out in his bed and down to ultrasound because there was some concern since he was having pain. I have to wonder who wouldn't be having pain after a surgery like that, but he was having it from simple movement of his toes while lying in bed.

Well, gotta run B home after he came to visit with Kel after school and work with her on photos for a project she's working on. I had hoped to get a disk full of photos out with us so we could get some printing done while we were out but I don't think that is going to happen. You know, ever since we got the digital camera several years ago, actual hard copy prints of our photos have become such a thing of the past and that is convenient because you don't have them cluttering up boxes in the closet, but we also don't have these nice photo albums to look through, either. And when the computer crashes and we haven't made backup copies anywhere...

Soon I hope to write about a new little bit of excitement that I'm hoping to participate in next fall. I know that's a long way out there, but I am writing up my application now. Also, college applications are in the works for Keli. And there is NaNo underway. But I don't want to talk about that. I'm behind. And others are way far ahead.

And Relay 2006 is progressing full steam ahead! More to come about that because I'm ready to kick into high gear on fundraising efforts. A little bird left a message on my phone this afternoon with a fabulous idea for a first fundraiser to put on my blog. I suppose I'll have to share the proceeds with others in my little family (or perhaps even give it all up to one or more of them even!) ;) but this was such a great idea that the little bird deserves big kudos and I hope that some real interest is garnered out there when I kick it off. I hope I hope. Because I'm pumped about this whole thing. Passionate even. And you guys have rocked and really come through for me in the past and I really hope you will again. Cancer sucks and needs continued research funding even if the legislators don't always agree.

Okay. Enough for now. I have things I must do. Thanks for following my rant.

Playing in my head: Collide by Howie Day

No comments: