10.25.2005

A meme from KatieK

What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

1. Going home on the last day of my junior or senior year (pity I can't remember which it was now) when I was supposed to go off to see a movie with a bunch of the girls and thinking it would be so much more fun if I had a "buzz" on - isn't this what the cool kids were doing, after all? (I was so not one of the cool kids and had no idea what I was doing as will soon be shown) so I found a bottle of dry gin in the liquor cabinet, got out a large glass and filled it with ice and poured myself a tall one. It was the most digusting thing I've ever had to drink and I was hugging the porcelain goddess within an hour after finishing the whole thing and unable to move for the rest of the night. No movie for me. I don't think I wanted to go very badly or something. Perhaps it was the subject matter - it was one of the Porky's flicks.

2. Playing softball while drinking beer. I ended up going up to bat, actually hitting the ball and while my head began to run like the wind, my feet didn't know what the devil was happening and about halfway to the plate (first base) I landed in the dirt and still have the scars to show for it.

3. Driving after drinking (after softball).

So you see boys and girls, all stupidity in my life occurred when alcohol was involved! Even the ones that I didn't mention! And so, alcohol plays a very small (shall we say nonexistant?) role in my life now! I'm not going to preach to you all not to drink, I'm simply saying that it doesn't work in my world because I frequently get stupid if I have the things around me that allow me to get that way...

At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?
Me myself and I. Outside of that, I suppose Keli does as her schedule has a wee bit of influence on mine.



If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick five people to dine with, who would you pick?

In no particular order: KathyK, Katie, Trudi, KathyC, Beanie, KathyHowe, and Jen. Seven, I know, but we can squeeze in another couple of chairs. Again, I stole this whole idea from genius Katie. See her answers for the explanation...


If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

1. I wish somebody with a big old wad of money, a huge amount of vision and a generous creative soul would knock on Keith's door and tell him, finish your degree and get thee to a college of your choice and teach, man!

2. I wish somebody would hurry up and invent the Particle Redistributor. According to this, every particle in your house is assigned to a place. You push the button and everything goes back to its assigned place. Heavenly. Hurry up! (stolen from Katie because she is a genius.)

3. That Keli would gain some serious self-esteem and belief in her abilities... She has talent, strength and brains that far outreach me. I only wish she believed in herself more.


Name two things you regret your city not having... I'm having difficulty deciding what "my city" is. Okay - I'm situating myself in the city that Keli is going to school. That makes it very easy.

1. Decent coffee houses that have evening hours and good seating out of traffic flow and privacy. There is no where in my city that Marge and I can go to write and that I like to go have coffee and do NaNo writing. I have to go up to my old home town for this and then I find an abundance of great coffee houses.

2. Decent restaraunts with vegetarian choices and hours. Even chain places but a few good mom and pop or ethnic places would be fabbo.


...and two things people should avoid.

1. migraines

2. pessimism

Name one thing that has changed your life:

Cancer


Tag!

You all are so very good at tagging yourselves; have at it! Let me know

No comments: