3.09.2005

WOW!

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.



I only just sent out the first set of fundraising letters on Monday morning. This went out to my givers from last year. Well, some of my givers... A subset of them. And already (ALREADY!) I received a donation in today's mail with one of my return envelopes from that mailing. Thank you Carol and Tom!

Cancer gets to another person and sucks my attitude down and then somebody comes along and gives me that whole belief in the power of people to fight this thing and to keep running and doing the little things that I can do and it pulls me right back up again.

I'm excited to start entering these as offline donations to my Relay page to watch that total grow. I have given myself a big total to reach for. I'm shooting for a total higher than last year because that's what I believe these goals can be and last year was a big year for me. Well, I can't remember if I posted this already or not, but it's going to be tough going because I lost a few big hitter donations this year (not for bad reasons - who can complain about getting a big donator on my team? she'll bring even MORE money to ACS that way!) and for that reason I'm starting from a deficit, but in another way, I've already got new donators (thanks to those of you who have and you know who you are!) who are helping to make up for that deficit already.

Anyway, it will be a challenge to get there, but we'll watch the "tote board" grow toward June 17 and I'll keep on running and keep my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, all of you can keep praying for those folks on my inspiration list that I'm running in honor of that they continue to do well...

No comments: