3.21.2005

Tokyo, Fargo... Have a good day now...

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.



I had no idea it had been so long since I last posted. I guess I've been a little busy. I've even been around reading a few blogs, but I've sort of been avoiding looking at my own except to glance at comments once in a while. Thanks for not all deserting me.

Spent Friday running around getting last minute things picked up for Keli's trip. And Saturday was spent getting Keli ready for Keli's trip and then to the airport. I haven't heard a word from her since the final fairwell in the security line when airport security was trying to push all of us parents away from the ropes and hustle us off to a better spot to watch our babies be swallowed up within the maw of the giant airport and disappear with all the other thousands of passengers who had to be travelling that day because of spring breaks. You may have heard of the big earthquake that happened in the southern part of Japan early Sunday. I had been blissfully ignorant until I received a phone message today from my ex. :) That's what not watching television or reading newspapers does for you, you see. I did a little research and learned that the earthquake was in the very southern part of the country and haven't seen any news of it effecting Tokyo, which is where Keli is staying, so I'm going to remain very optimistic that she is just fine and hold to the credo that No news is good news... (although I am awaiting a callback from her Japanese teacher whose husband is one of the camp directors to join them in a day or two, so I think she'll possibly know something of their health and well-being by now...)

Once I was home from the airport and Keith and I had picked up a few groceries, I dropped he and the food at the house, then called to find out if my sister-in-law was finished working on our latest fundraising project - truffles... You people haven't had chocolate if you haven't tried my SIL's truffles... she wasn't finished yet, so I headed to their place to help out.

Sunday, since Keith was feeling so cruddy, we mostly sat around the house chatting about options for the future and such. He slept off and on and I updated my iPod with more music. I wasn't so much busy that day, as just trying to stay quiet.

Then I drove him back to his apartment since he wasn't feeling up to driving himself. And here we are. Monday again. My phones aren't working worth garbage today, so it will be amazing if the lines stay up long enough to get this posted, but regardless of how frequently I lose phone service due to animals chewing through my underground phone wires or whatever causes the multiple-times-yearly outages, living in the country rocks compared to being on top of my neighbors (You rock, rock...), so I still love it here. The turkeys paid me a visit today for the first time in ages and we have a herd of deer wandering through the yard this month that is about a dozen strong.

I have to laugh every time I'm up at my coffee shop these days because there is a young gal working up there lately who ends each transaction with "You have a good day now," in a tone and manner that are so very Fargo that it practically makes me proud for some reason, you know? :) *sigh*

I keep asking Keli if I can rent that movie because it really is an institution on film and any serious film buff has to see it. I mean, I've seen it, don't get me wrong... but she still hasn't seen it. But she won't let me. She refuses to watch it. And I mean absolutely refuses. Poor girl. Doesn't know what she's missing.

Okay. On with the stats.


Today's miles: 4
Total so far: 88.25
Still to go for goal: 411.75


Sunday's miles: 3.5
Total so far: 84.25
Still to go for goal: 415.75


Playing in my head: Kodachrome by Simon and Garfunkel

No comments: