3.06.2005

Saturday!

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated.



Teenagers with boyfriends who are computer savvy become teenagers who are on the computer. A lot. That means I get to use my computer far less frequently than I used to. Especially on the weekend. I'm in the process of rectifying that situation by getting one of the old computers cleaned off and updated so it can be hooked up down in her region of the house and perhaps she'll be drawn to utilizing it there so I can have mine back. We'll see. Perhaps then I'll be able to respond the the many e-mails to which I know I'm behind in responding. I apologize to those who may be wondering...

Another thing done on Friday was stopping to get Keli a haircut. Doesn't she look even more beautiful than ever? I think it is sweet. I've always adored her look with shorter hair. She looks like a pixie. :) And it will be easier to take care of when she leaves for Japan in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!

Pixie girl...


Keith finally got back yesterday afternoon. After putting in 76 hours week before last and 80 hours last week, it's time he had a day off. Things are always crazy after an implementation. I told him it's time to start thinking about taking a little family trip this summer to look at a couple of colleges. She's stressing about the topic - getting nervous, not wanting to think about it. I think if we just go see a couple, she'll get excited rather than just be freaked. She'll think more positively on the matter and want to be moving in that direction, rather than just avoiding the topic. I don't want to be getting mid-way through her senior year and then have her rushing to try to get all of the paperwork and stuff done because all of her friends are already accepted and know what they are doing. I want it to be proactive and comfortable (ha) and fun if possible. Senior year is stressful enough.

That was another thing I accomplished Friday... getting her signed up for the ACT. :) Helping her take those gigantic freaking baby steps... pushing her gently out of the nest...

Must concentrate on getting the Japanese money for her trip this week. *sigh*
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.
Ferris Beuller





Saturday's miles: 3
Total so far: 46.85
Still to go for goal: 453.15



Playing in my head: Twist and Shout by The Beatles

No comments: