2.11.2005

Thanks! and some good news for a change...

You folks all ROCK for your information and help! I'm going to e-mail each of you back for your call to arms in your comments and e-mails, but first I have get to go off and write with Mystical Marge for the morning. I was struck down in bed in the fetal position with a hot pad all day yesterday (except for when I was driving the teen around), so I didn't get to make any responses then...

But I did get great news from Keith. He walked home from work for lunch and made a mess of phone calls and talked with the insurance company for a long time (getting bumped from person to person). It seems that when we started this fight a couple of months ago and they began pulling all of the information together and let the hospital know that there was an appeal being started, everything was put on hold by the billing department. But I guess the hospital simply got tired of waiting, and thus, the bill that arrived on our doorstep a couple of days ago, due in ten days. Well, the answer from yesterday's converations was that they had approved payment of said bill (less our deductible, of course) and that the letter had just gone out to the hospital.

SO, the hospital was just being totally impatient and not waiting for an answer to the appeal and giving us undue stress and adding to Keith's already bad heart! :-/ Thanks...





Playing in my head: Eye of the Tiger by Survivor (see how easily influenced my earworms are, Kathy?)

No comments: