1.07.2005

please don't scream... it's my Year-End MEME!!!!

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Ran 500 miles! Yeah, baby!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For the first year in many, I don't believe I actually MADE any for 2004.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, nobody has defined 'close to' here. I did have cousins (not first cousins) give birth in 2004, but I would not define that as 'close'.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
We attended no funerals, and by my definition there were no 'close' deaths. There were some losses in our BT Warrior group and among our family friends and extended family, however.

5. What countries did you visit?
I was strictly here in the old US the entire year. And of that, spent the whole year in my own state with tiny jaunts over the border to Minnesota on frequent occasions.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
super-human organizational skills...

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 3... waking up to the news and swearing it was just a nightmare. America couldn't have made such a colossal mistake as that again!??? I know I'm going to wake up sooner or later.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running 500 Miles to raise money ($2500) for Relay For Life.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting on the ball to fund-raise for the current 500 miles I'm running because I thought I'd have another 500 miles (a third one) underway by now. Luckily my generous friends are making offers of donations anyway! Because they are the coolest. Thanks to the most recent pledge maker, C.Rae. You totally rock, my friend!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A minor running related stress injury that healed really quickly very early in the run. Aside from that just the normal colds and allergies are all I remember and those aren't even memorable. A few migraines.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Keith's espresso machine and burr grinder probably. Especially after he's mastered the perfect latte. :-)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
MINE! I ran 500 miles! :) Okay, I'll stop. NO I WON'T! :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Dubya's. All the time.

14. Where did most of your money go?
My guess would be movie rentals. :) (see 19)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Relay. I always get excited about The Relay. Ask my team members. They'll tell you I do silly stuff like dance around the track that night and blow off all sorts of crazy energy. It's the highlight of my year.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
The 500 Mile Song. (What IS the official name of that song?)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I think about the same.
b) thinner or fatter? A bit thinner.
c) richer or poorer? After 195 movies (er, see 19) whaddya think? ;) Seriously, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to this topic. Keith would have to weigh in on this.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading and writing.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Movie watching I guess... LOL I kept a list - 195 that I actually wrote down (many of them repeats because if I see one and like it and think that Keli will like it, I'll watch it again with her before returning it and if I really like it, there's a good chance I may even rent it again or purchase it and see it another time; if it's one we own, you bet I'll watch it multiple times because I probably really like it). And I'm sure I forgot a few. Well, I do watch them when I'm on the treadmill, you know!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my familia?

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Stayed in love.

23. How many one-night stands?
Zero.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Gilmore Girls

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I'm not big on hate. But let's not talk politics, okay?

26. What was the best book you read?
*running to get reading list*
Fiction - I Had Brain Surgery, What's Your Excuse? by Suzy Becker
Nonfiction - Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?


28. What did you want and get?
Ooooh - this!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Movie overload... How can I possibly name a single film? Though, I did really have a lot of fun watching the final installment of LOTR and I'm having much MORE fun watching the extended play versions of the trilogy. And since movies are all about fun, in my opinion, that's what I'm going with. RETURN OF THE KING! Long live Aragorn! :-) Man, what a geek...

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went back and checked the old blog to find out! I spent it sleeping in, then running 4 miles on the treadmill while I finished watching Apocalypse Now. After that I showered, picked up the kid from school, went to my parents' for dinner and socializing, and came back home where I did a little reading of Steinbeck's The Wayward Bus before turning in. It was my 39th birthday.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having the hubby working close to home so he didn't have to live in an apartment and spend just weekends with us.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Levi's. T-shirts. Sandals. COMFORT...

34. What kept you sane?
Running. Writing. MOVIES! Coffee. and Mocha Cappuccino scones!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
JohnnyDeppColinFirthLiamNeesonAlanRickmanHughGrantRodrigoSantoro
er, nobody special... Who fancies celebrities??? heh...

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The war that is supposedly over in Iraq...

37. Who did you miss?
Keith all week, every week and Keli during her Japan trip and during her month in Colorado visiting her baby sister.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
The bloggers! And every new Relay person I meet each time we go through another session of that is incredible.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
I'm an incredibly lucky person with an incredibly blessed life.

No comments: