1.23.2005

It's Still my Birthday!

Around here, January is called my birthday month. So we're celebrating at my house today. Even though the actual date was last Thursday. So far I've spent my birthdayagain by sleeping until 8:30, lying in bed writing morning pages, getting up and making coffee in our new coffee maker that makes the "World's Best Cup of Coffee" (we have determined - all three of us - that although it does indeed make the world's best cup of coffee, it will make a great contribution to the Silent Auction at the Relay for Life this summer... more on that later). At that point I fed the dog, helped Keith give Bear his medicines, poured myself a cup of hot water, realizing that I had forgotten a step in the making of the "World's Best Cup of Coffee" and having to start that all over again. Then I got dressed in running gear and headed down to the treadmill.

That's when I realized that my daughter slept on the couch in the living room last night. I woke her up and said I was about to do my run and if she wanted to continue sleeping, she might want to move into her bedroom. I popped a video into the machine and got things set up with the treadmill. When I realized she wasn't leaving, I just got started and decided to finish watching a movie we started together a couple of days ago, one of my favorites: Moonstruck, with Cher and a young Nicholas Cage. There are so many great characters in this movie. I love Olympia Dukakis as Cher's mother and Feodor Chaliapin, who plays her grandfather. I'm a fan of John Mahoney, too. He also has a small part. This is one of my favorite movies (must own). I rent it once every year or so. I'll have to buy it some day. When I finished running, I had my coffee and as I came up the steps I saw that Keith had been busy. He decorated the dining room with birthday stuff! It's so festive... streamers, a sign, a bright yellow table cloth topped with my tulips, there's a crown at my seat with a 40 on it... We're going to party!!! :) He's busy making dinner now after having made a cake already.

There are packages strewn across the table - each one lettered one for each letter of my name - because it is a special birthday, I get a gift starting with each letter. I was trying to guess what each was. Here's what I've come up with so far. "K" is for Kiss - that one is a big Hersh*y Kiss - but the box is too big, so there is also a box of kleen*x in it. :) "E" is for Eyeore - I think that one has a stuffed Eyeore inside... "R" is for Rentals - a box full of movie ideas for the year. Or Running - some running clothes or socks or maybe even shoes. The box is the right size. "I" is for ??? Haven't figured that one out yet. All the rest of them are pretty much the same size and shape boxes. This one is different. I have no ideas for I. Ice cream is about all I've been able to come up with and he wouldn't set ice cream on the table all day.

I'll have to come back later and post the results of this mystery.

Today's miles: 4.27
Total so far: 437.15
Still to go for goal: 62.85

Yesterday's miles: 4.0
Total so far: 432.88
Still to go for goal: 67.12


No comments: