8.04.2004

The Rain in Spain...

Yesterday's super-duper buttered microwave popcorn that's been sitting on the counter in a bowl is pretty soggy and disgusting this evening. It tends to stick in the teeth a lot.

The SCVST production of My Fair Lady is fabbo. If you are in this area, go see it. Eliza is wonderful, Freddy has a terrific singing voice, I could have listened to him sing all night (pun intended - I could have danced all night...), and of course, Kel's school mates Bren, Rusty and Laura were all in the show making it really fun to watch for me. GREAT JOB GANG!!! The first half was a little painful, not from the aspect of a bad show - it was great - but because I got there later and didn't have my ticket yet. I had to take what they gave me when I bought it. I ended up behind a rather tall gal, and beside another gal who had just had a smoke right before she came in and she came straight from the farm to the show, too. I think a lot of people at the theater tonight came in from the fields to attend. It was a ripe audience. That's what happens in this small town sometimes I think.

Anyway, I scoped out an empty seat on the aisle and two rows forward for the second half and moved up during intermission. I had a clear view of the whole stage and much cleaner air. The old gentleman to my left kept covering his nose and mouth through the first half too. I think he thought it was me. That was just sad. I was looking and smellin' good and that man thought it was me!

Well, now I wait for the kiddo to get home from another night out (she has quite the social life, don'tcha know) and then I get to go to bed. Tomorrow night she gets to see the play. Wait 'til she hears I'm going to make her come home afterward. She'll be torked, but I didn't get home until 11 and I came straight home. I have to get up early Friday morning and she's been out with friends and such all week. She'll survive.

Keep those writing ideas coming! What we don't get to this week, we'll use in the weeks to come! Thanks...

oooh. I need to do a Q4H! And she likes multiple choice. Putting on the thinking cap...

No comments: