8.26.2004

It's Starting to Come Back to Me...

With Keith in the hospital that week, and being busy much of the past week, and starting out the month with over ten miles to go before I hit that Duck Day, I'm starting to see where the days went this month and why my miles are so low.

I need to kick some butt so I can get going and hit the halfway point at least. That's my new goal for the end of this month... a halfway target. I didn't award myself the quarter of the way dancing chicken this time. Maybe the dancing chicken will be my halfway reward...

But today will NOT be the day I begin the butt-kicking because both my pairs of running shoes are totally soaked and squishy from yesterday's run. Kel wore the old pair and I was wearing the newer pair. *sigh* I'm talking still drippy soaked. Could take weeks to dry out soaked. Would definitely give me blisters soaked. Glad the rain came at the end of our run because blisters would have ensued had I run in them any longer than I did soaked.

No comments: