8.07.2004

Another little meme thingy...

Stolen from Lucy...

1) First Grade Teacher: Mrs. Iverson. She was so cool – and gave me such confidence. I was a good reader and got to be a reading assistant to other kids. When they sat in front of the class to read aloud to others, I sat beside them and helped them on the words they didn’t know.
2) Last word you said: Bear!
3) Last song you sang: "Well it’s a marvelous night for a moon dance…" (I’ve got Michael Buble’s cd in my car and when I’m driving anywhere alone or with Kel, I crank it and I/we sing along at the top of our lungs.)
4) Last person you hugged: Keith just now as I realized we were so busy loading the car with his stuff in a hurry to get back last night to get Kel and her friend on time from the play that we didn’t even hug hello!
6) Last time you said “I love you": last night to Kel in the car on the way to town – she’s really having a tough couple of days after making some bad choices not using her brain so much as her heart
8) What’s in your CD player: car – Michael Buble, bedroom – John Mayer’s Heavier Things, kitchen – Meet Joe Black soundtrack *sigh*, portable – Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker’s “Best Of” for running
9) What color socks are you wearing: barefoot
10) What’s under your bed: lots o’ dust and dog hair
11) What time did you wake up today: 10ish for the last time
12) Current taste: water from taking my meds and clariti*n
13) Current hair: short but not spikey today with just a few grays still.
14) Current clothes: just replaced my nightie with yesterday’s clothes so I could run downstairs in the room Kel and her friend slept in to look for something
15) Current annoyance: the fact I haven’t showered yet, heh
16) Current longing: chocolate
17) Current desktop picture: David M. Bailey playing at the concert we attended last year with the local folk group which accompanied him and the beautiful pipe organ of the church as the backdrop behind them. It’s my own photo from the concert, but I think there is something similar on his website that I’ll link to if I can find it. You can't really see him in this photo, but the guy playing drums in the back reminds me a lot of the photo of Mark on his website. You don't have a drummer in your family who lives up in Minnesota, do you Mark?
18) Current worry: Kel has some problems with friends.
20) Story behind your username: I’m not really using my user name. I have a user name of KinnicChick and the story is a local thing.
21) Current favorite article of clothing: don’t know if I can pick just one thing. I just bought a skort from title ix that is really comfy and easy. Also bought a t-shirt dress that I love that is comfy and easy. Also bought a little black dress that is kinda sexy and cute and makes me feel pretty that I’ll be wearing to Phantom tomorrow (not from Title IX). And I love my comfortable low rise levis jeans.
22) Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex: it’s always been about the hands. I fell in love with the look of Keith's hands first. I could tell they were an artist's hands. He was a woodworker and had those strong and thin hands - sensitive.
23) Last CD that you bought: shiza, I can’t remember. Thinking… I think it was Jason Mraz’s Waiting for my Rocket to Come.
24) Favorite place to be: Home
25) Least favorite place: sitting in traffic.
26) Time you wake up in the morning: when I have to. Used to be a lot later. I’m becoming an earlier riser. I wake up a lot earlier when the shades are open. Go figure.
27) If you could play an instrument, what would it be: the piano. I do okay, but I’d be lots better with my left hand.
28) Favorite color: green froth – the color of the walls in my office and sun room.
29) Do you believe in an afterlife: yes, but more in a nextlife kinda way.
30) How tall are you: 5'4'
31) Current favorite word/saying: Not my favorite, but seemingly stuck in my vernacular at the moment... "I'm just saying..." Maybe we should call this current overused phrase and just shoot me whenever I use it...
32) Favorite book: The English Patient and To Kill A Mockingbird and Pride and Prejudice (tie)
33) Favorite season: Autumn
34) One person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to: Mr. Nederloe
35) Favorite day: Every one
36) Where do you want to go: Lots of places, actually.
37) What is your career going to be like: writer for hire! Heh…
38) How many kids do you want? just the one I’ve got
39) What kind of car will you have: mini cooper
40) Type a line you remember from any book: “Ma ma ma Mice Aroma” from the book of misheard song lyrics…
41) A random lyric: "Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down.

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down
No, I won't back down"
Tom Petty, of course

No comments: