7.28.2004

For Mary Ellen...

Well, the headache never dissipated, but I did manage a fast walk just the same. After spending the remainder of the afternoon post-sumac fighting and mowing just sitting around the house waiting for the pain to go away, I decided to get off my butt and ignore it. So I showered and spiffed up and grabbed my notebook, one of my current reads, my list of errands, and headed to town.

First stop was the co-op where I had to pick up a special order for Keith. From there I thought I would go to the old hometown for some writing and/or reading at our favorite postal coffee shoppe. As I drove up, I was thrilled to see there was plenty of parking right in front! With good reason. They had closed half an hour before I got there...

So I continued on to Borders as I had a price discrepancy on our last purchase. Seems like everytime we go there lately they either overcharge us for something or double charge us for something! It's amazing. Got myself a caramel mocha (a freebie because I had a full drink card - made it worth the drive over there!) and perused the shelves for about an hour... Then I sat down to finish my drink and do some writing, but there was a magazine sitting there with a blurb on the cover saying they had an interview inside with Christopher Walken. Couldn't pass that up! (Oh, and Mark? Same magazine also interviewed Kirsten Dunst! What a goldmine! Great photos, too...) So I read that first. I did get a little writing in... Spent nearly three hours there and didn't spend a penny! Not their favorite customer of the night, I'm sure...

Finally I headed back to the old hometown, stopped to see the folks and find out how their dinner out with friends was and changed into my tennie bummers... Went for a fast walk in the dark (how else do you walk in the dark?). It was a great night for walking, just the right temperature, a nice breeze to keep the skeeters away, and enough of a moon to keep it from being too dark.

And the stats for Mary Ellen...

Today's miles: 3
Total so far: 175.25
Still to go for goal: 324.75

Haven't heard their plan of action with treatment, but I wish her the best.

No comments: