3.13.2004

Saturday's mileage...

Well, the hottub was divine. 'cept for the part where the ice pellets started raining down really hard for a few minutes and were hitting us on the head!

And the part where my book fell in the water. :) Annie Dillard's The Writing Life, which is one of my favorites. It will be okay, though. Just a little wrinkly and crinkly...

While I was cooling from the hottub and getting ready to run, we had a big old roll of thunder! That was cool!

I actually didn't feel any pain in my leg at all while I was running. The only thing that hurt was after I finished stretching. I have to remember to leave out one of the stretches. It's one we were told not to do back in high school cross country anyway... Back when I was considering running and joined them for one practice... back when I realized that no way could I run distance...

So here are today's numbers...

Today's miles: 3.5
Total so far: 309.94
Still to go for goal: 190.06

I think I'll ice my leg now before I shower. Then it will be time to run after Kel again. I think we might head over to Borders after that. There is a very interesting new book out that I'd like to pick up to share with Keith. I heard about it on Minnesota Public Radio this week. It's called I Had Brain Surgery, What's Your Excuse?: An Illustrated Memoir. It sounds humorous and we're all about humor with this topic.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

No comments: