3.31.2004

Sad Anniversary...

Sad Anniversary...

Today I'm running for our dear family friends Carol and Tom. As I've said before, I don't run for cancer every day. There are other special reasons I run. This is one of them.

A year ago today Tom and Carol lost their son in a frightening and very sad shooting. Once again, I'm left with very few words because there is so little that can be said that doesn't sound trite. I send you my love Mr. and Mrs. M. Know that I think of you and your family often.

I'll be back to post my miles in a bit. Just heard from the papa. He's coming out to look over the tractor. As I was putting it away last fall, Keith looked at me and said, "Watch, the breaks are going to fail on it as we put it away." We've had problems with the breaks busting before. And what happened just as I was putting the dang thing away? The breaks made an awful noise and gave out. Just like that. I swear that boy can jinx just about anything if he sets his mind to it.

No comments: